SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
by Gordon S. Wood
What shocked colonists like George Washington into war? Britain’s imperious actions in Boston.
SOURCE: World Socialist Web Site
“When the Declaration says that all men are created equal, that is no myth”
SOURCE: Los Angeles Review of Books
by Scott Porch
His latest work is a collection of significant Revolutionary War pamphlets put out by the Library of America.
SOURCE: The Way of Improvement Leads Home (blog)
by John Fea
In an article in the conservative Weekly Standard he lionized Bernard Bailyn.
SOURCE: The Weekly Standard
"Although Bernard Bailyn is one of the most distinguished historians in the Western world, he is not as well known as he should be."
- The Real Reason the American Economy Boomed After World War II
- Florence Revives Medieval Plague-Era ‘Wine Windows’ for Contactless Service
- Tulane Canceled a Talk by the Author of an Acclaimed Anti-Racism Book After Students Said the Event Was 'Violent'
- Sunday Reading: Hiroshima
- More Than a Century Before the 19th Amendment, Women were Voting in New Jersey
- Black Americans Who Served in WWII Faced Segregation and Second-Class Roles
- Lincoln Library Cancels Exhibition Over Racial Sensitivity Concerns
- Nixon Did Call the Military on Protesters. He Just Covered It Up.
- Historians Pay Tribute: ‘Today We Live In John Hume’s Ireland, And Thank God For That’
- Let Us Drink in Public