SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
by Gordon S. Wood
What shocked colonists like George Washington into war? Britain’s imperious actions in Boston.
SOURCE: World Socialist Web Site
“When the Declaration says that all men are created equal, that is no myth”
SOURCE: Los Angeles Review of Books
by Scott Porch
His latest work is a collection of significant Revolutionary War pamphlets put out by the Library of America.
SOURCE: The Way of Improvement Leads Home (blog)
by John Fea
In an article in the conservative Weekly Standard he lionized Bernard Bailyn.
SOURCE: The Weekly Standard
"Although Bernard Bailyn is one of the most distinguished historians in the Western world, he is not as well known as he should be."
- You Can’t Be the ‘President of Law and Order’ if You Thrive on Chaos
- Law Professor Criticized After Reading Racial Slur In Class
- Chicago 1968: Blood Outside the Arena (Reprinted from 8/28/1968)
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- If Trump Is Caligula, There Could Be Some Unexpected Benefits
- Q&A: Historian Andrew Kahrl On The Segregation History Of Lincoln Beach And Plans To Reopen It
- Rutger Bregman on His Intellectual Journey and the Problems of the Speaking Circuit
- National Protests over George Floyd's Death was 'Conflagration Waiting to Happen'
- George Floyd’s Death and the Long History of Racism in Minneapolis