SOURCE: The Washington Post
by Associated Press
Redocumenting and recreating civil rights history in Montgomery, Alabama.
SOURCE: NY Times
Two cultural projects that examine the Alabama city’s role in the civil rights movement are drawing throngs of visitors and encouraging a surge of downtown construction.
SOURCE: New York Times
Three new markers will be unveiled in Montgomery, Alabama that describe the city's role in the slave trade.
- Watching 'Chernobyl': How Important Are Visuals for Understanding History?
- The Surprising Things Arctic Ice Can Tell Us About Human History
- 'History on a stick’ signs disappearing too fast to keep up
- Colin Palmer, Historian of the African Diaspora, Is Dead at 75
- What and Whom Are Jewish Museums For?