SOURCE: National Catholic Reporter
Democrats might want to make copies of the president's signing statement and mail it to all Americans, highlighting the passages where the president insists there will be no oversight.
SOURCE: Tom Dispatch
by Rebecca Gordon
Impunity Guaranteed for Torturers (and Presidents)
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Susan Hennessey and Benjamin Wittes
Calling witnesses in Trump’s impeachment trial would revive the habit of investigating the executive branch.
- Trump’s Push to Amplify Racism Unnerves Republicans who have Long Enabled Him
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.