by Paul A. Thomsen
On the evening of December 30, 2019, Dennis Showalter, a noted scholar of German, American, and military history, fought his last battle and rode off on a pale horse.
- We Insist: A Century Of Black Music Against State Violence
- The Scars of Being Policed While Black (video)
- Book Reconsideration: “A Confederacy of Dunces” — Still an American Comic Masterpiece?
- Mississippi Governor Signs Law Removing Confederate Design From State Flag
- Trump Doubles Down on 'Heritage' Defense of Confederate Statues
- Mount Rushmore Historian: Monument 'Is Like A Rorschach, It Says Different Things To Different People'
- Mississippi Changing Its Flag Isn't the End of Confederate Symbols in State Flags
- Living in History: Richard Haass, Margaret MacMillan, and Annette Gordon-Reed
- Beyond ‘White Fragility’: If you Want to Let Freedom Ring, Hammer on Economic Injustice.
- The Best Histories of U.S. Policing, According to Experts