SOURCE: The Abusable Past
by Kevin Henderson
Undeniably, the present coherence of “biological sex” is an effect of 19th century scientific racism and discourses of white supremacy.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Jim Downs
Networks of activists transformed Stonewall from an isolated event into a turning point in the struggle for gay power.
SOURCE: Book Riot
A selection of historical works examine the lives of queer women, the relationship of queer and racial identities, and the establishment of heterosexuality as a social norm.
by John Howard
Tiger King viewers should look past the show's outrageous elements to consider the political, economic and legal factors that shape queer life in the American south.
SOURCE: Washington Post
A new book, “Precious and Adored: The Love Letters of Rose Cleveland and Evangeline Simpson Whipple, 1890-1918,” makes it clear that Rose Cleveland and Evangeline Simpson Whipple were more than just friends, according to its editors.
- Washington History Seminar TODAY: Claudio Saunt's "Unworthy Republic"
- The Bonnie and Richard Reiss Graduate Institute for Constitutional History Seminar Spring 2021 Session (Virtual)
- Hank Aaron's Lasting Impact is Measured in More than Home Runs
- Hank Aaron's 715th, Called by Vin Scully
- Washington Must Treat White Supremacist Terrorism as a Transnational Threat