New Senator Tuberville Seems to Lack Basic Knowledge of World War IIBreaking News
tags: Senate, Alabama, World War 2, historical ignorance
Tommy Tuberville may have gotten an “A” from Alabama voters Tuesday night, but likely earned an “F” from history teachers.
Tuberville described how his father was a part of “liberating Paris from socialism and communism.”
Americans liberated France from German Nazis – facists, not socialists, nor communists.
It wasn’t his first “historic” gaffe. During the campaign, Jones criticized Tuberville for not knowing what the Voting Rights Act was.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why Michigan’s Top Legislators Should Cancel that Meeting with Trump
- Tom Cotton Attacks "Revisionist History" of Thanksgiving on Senate Floor
- Whose History? AI Uncovers Who Gets Attention in High School Textbooks
- Native History Is Washington History, And Tribes Are Helping Schools Teach It
- When Schools Closed, Americans Turned to Their Usual Backup Plan: Mothers
- Female Pirate Lovers Whose Story was Ignored by Male Historians Immortalized with Statue
- The Devil Had Nothing to Do With It
- Hong Kong's New Rules have Created Confusion in the Classroom. Some Parents are Pulling their Children Out
- Whitewashing the Great Depression (Review)
- What Did Europe Smell Like Centuries Ago? Historians Set Out to Recreate Lost Scents