The return of Ken Starr: He pushed impeachment for Clinton but now defends TrumpBreaking News
tags: impeachment, Trump, Ken Starr, Clinton impeachment
A century from now, when scholars study the impeachment of Donald John Trump, they are likely to be struck by one of the lawyers defending the president at his Senate trial: Kenneth Starr.
Starr, of course, was the independent counsel appointed to investigate President Bill Clinton — a proceeding that ended in Clinton’s impeachment by the House of Representatives right before Christmas of 1998.
Trump was not exactly supportive of his legal eagle’s work back then, describing him in 1999 as “Crazy Ken Starr,” “a total wacko” and “totally off his rocker.”
Trump told Matt Lauer on the “Today” show: “I think Ken Starr is a lunatic. I really think that Ken Starr is a disaster.”
Trump told Maureen Dowd of the New York Times: “Starr’s a freak. I bet he’s got something in his closet.”
That’s right. Trump, who has been accused of having several affairs and was once recorded bragging about grabbing women by their private parts, has hired the guy who made his name investigating Clinton’s sexual affair with Monica Lewinsky.
comments powered by Disqus
- Poland’s forgotten civil strife and the struggle for Jewish statehood
- Socialists were winning U.S. elections long before Bernie Sanders and AOC
- The House just passed a bill to create a women’s history museum. Only one congresswoman voted against it.
- For hundreds of years, enslaved people were bought and sold in America. Today most of the sites of this trade are forgotten.
- 2 New Books Examine the the History of Black Travel
- AHA Publishes 2020 Jobs Report
- Yuval Noah Harari's History of Everyone, Ever
- Historian Manisha Sinha Discussed Trump's Acquittal on 2 Episodes of Democracy Now
- Longtime University of Iowa Jeff Cox, 72, championed candidates and his kids
- "No Boy Scout": William Rust Publishes Article on CIA Operations Officer Lucien Conein