Trump signs bill to honor women's suffrageBreaking News
tags: women suffrage
President Trump signed a bill on Monday that celebrates women's right to vote.
The divided Congress has been unable to agree on much throughout Mr. Trump's presidency, especially since the House launched an impeachment inquiry against him, but the Women's Suffrage Centennial Commemorative Coin Act passed with unanimous consent.
The bill directs the Treasury Department to create currency that honors the women who played a major part in passage of the 19th Amendment, which was ratified in 1920.
The bill was introduced by Representative Elise Stefanik of New York, one of the first states to give women the right to vote.
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?