How fast food changed historian Marcia Chatelain's thinking about capitalism and raceHistorians in the News
tags: historians, food, capitalism, food history, Race
Marcia Chatelain studies the relationship between fast food and race in America. In the latest episode of Changed My Mind, we dive deep into how that study has led this award-winning scholar and author to change her mind about the capitalist American dream she grew up with.
We also delve into the times Marcia's students – she is an associate professor of history and African American studies at Georgetown University, Washington DC – have made her sit back and think.
comments powered by Disqus
- How the Welfare State Became the Neoliberal Order (Review)
- Ibram X. Kendi: 100 Most Influential of 2020
- Allegations of Racism have Marked Trump’s Presidency and Become Key Issue as Election Nears
- Capitalism Isn't Working Anymore. Here's How The Pandemic Could Change It Forever
- How the Black Vote Became a Monolith